Why in the world Mrs. Cindy of A Slice of Life nominated me only the Lord knows. But as I read her About The Author page I found someone that was like me in many ways. God in life, lover of History, and then it happened I read these words, “I love classic movies, especially the films with actors such as Cary Grant, Spencer Tracy, Katharine Hepburn, and Deborah Kerr. I enjoy movies like “An Affair to Remember” and “Adam’s Rib” in which these actors starred. How does the saying go? They don’t make movies like that anymore.”
I couldn’t find the Follow quick enough. And I say Amen to that. And of course one look at her and you just have to follow that happy joy filled face.
She said she nominated me “For good, and honest writing.” She’s got a direct line to the Lord, so I am not going to say she fibbed on that one.
Here are the rules:
1.Thank and link to the amazing person who nominated you.
2.List the rules and display the award.
3.Share seven facts about yourself.
4.Nominate 15 other amazing blogs and comment on their posts to let them know they have been nominated.
5.Proudly display the award logo on your blog and follow the blogger who nominated you.
Now for the seven facts:
- I have cut my own hair for over 20 years now. Imagine the money I’ve saved, not only on haircuts but all of those dates early on that said no. Think about it.
- Considering I have an Amen lady giving me the award, I was baptized in my 20s by a man in his late 70s. I’m 6’1” and was 240 lbs at the time. Needless to say, I was a bit skeered, but I decided that if he couldn’t bring me back up I was covered anyway. Can I get an Amen on that one?
- Since she mentioned it in her About The Author page, I’ll say it here. My favorite actor is Cary Grant, followed closely by Sidney Poitier. There are more similarities between these two men than you think. I’ve read biographies and autobiographies on both and taken notes.
- One of my favorite TV shows ever is apparently Golden Girls. Don’t ask me why, I don’t know. Add Designing Women to that and if I could actually watch TV now I would probably be happy for the rest of my life, oh and don’t forget the Cosby Show. Just like Mrs. Cindy said about not making movies like they used to, they don’t make TV shows like they used to either.
- My favorite candy bar is the Butter Finger but I also have an affinity for the Peanut Butter Snickers. I think you see the link.
- Nobody cooks fried chicken like my MawMaw. But then she can’t make homemade tortillas and grilled soft tacos either. But give me the chicken!
- I make an excellent homemade grilled zucchini and squash pizza. That includes the crust and sauce–homemade that is.
Here are my nominees:
Jenni of Unload and Rewind
“I suppose the thing most people notice about me [other than my charm and good looks – shh mum or I’ll put you in a home] is my generosity of spirit and my deep belief in sharing my opinion with anyone who will stand still long enough to hear it.
If you’re busy and don’t have time to stop and listen don’t fret I’m nimble and can expound even as I chase you down the street. I’ve recently started this blog for all those who are unlucky enough not to have the benefit of my erudite opinions in person and I would dearly love to see you at Unload and Unwind again.”
One of her recent articles to check out is Two Thoughts this Tuesday.
You just need to see her blog to see why I chose her.
Amanda of Inside the Life of Moi
“I am firm believer that the difficult times in life can help bring out our true potentials. After experiencing a pretty crappy 18 months or so, I only look back on those times as a blessing. For those darker times, are the times which inspire me the most. Last year I became lost, but through writing (as cliché as this sounds!) I hope to find myself again. I could waffle on, but I shall save that for my blog!”
Anyone that has my blog over the past few weeks knows I am a fan of Amanda’s. I reblogged while she was on ‘vacation’. That turned out be not exactly the right word for it. Amanda has inspired me in the past with her humor and the way she puts a blog together. She’s one of the best. But it’s not always about humor, or not JUST about humor. She shows us more and doesn’t pull punches or hide anything in the article Amanda Does Thailand: Part One. I learned a lot from this one. I read it twice and will likely read it again. And the photography is amazing. You see Thailand not from a tour guide ad but from one of us.
Rachael of An Author in the Works
“I’d very much like to become a published author, but mostly I want to write great stories and share the characters from my brain with others in a way that is compelling. Because, to tell you the truth, I love these people in my head….well most of them. Some of them are pretty awful and creepy, but I can’t imagine a story without them, either.”
She’s one of us. I mean that as in she’s ‘an author in the works’. I like how she shares on her site. I feel connected in some similarities in our approaches even if we don’t end up in the same places. Plus she is great and loyal follower where she follows. I honestly think if I needed someone to help me with something, like a quick blog post or anything, I could go to her and she would help. We’ve never really been in conversations like that but her actions in what she does do just tells me that. That inspires me.
Louise of Fabricating Fiction
“So I have set up this blog with no plan, no posts written and no idea where to proceed from here but determined to at least try and post something (if my nervously sweaty fingers don’t slip off the publish button).”
Read the article The Kindness of Strangers along with her About page and you will see why I’m inspired. Again some similarities I feel between us but she has done so much with her life, including a second blog The Happy Starfish.
Steven of SFoxWritring’s Blog
“I aim to give you a greater understanding of how writing can positively effect your life and overcome issues you may have with the world or yourself. I hope to open your eyes to important news stories and maybe show you a different view point on a highly opinionated topic.”
I enjoy Steven’s site because it’s different. I like the interviews he does and the fun he has. It makes me want to explore other things to do. I have interviews in the works but his are entertaining.
Hilary of The Joy of Writing
“I am a writer, educator, and internet enthusiast. I want everyone to be able to experience the joy of writing, and my intention is to help people become better writers.”
You ever followed someone and keep seeing them around liking the same things you do and you just seem to share the same interests? That’s Hilary and me. Wherever I go I see her there. She’s me in a more creative mind and better grasp of writing. And she looks better too. I would note one article of hers but you need to visit and choose for yourself. I like the one about How to write Haiku, oh wait, that was a reblog of my article. Ah, she has good taste too, did I mention that?
Well that is it for this time folks. I chose a variety for you with true reasons behind the receiving of the Inspiration award.