Um, yeah, my Opening Haiku this week is sooo bad and sooo not serious that I am almost ashamed to include it. But hey, it’s me. I have NO SHAME! No SHAME FOR YOU! Muahahha. I have just ruined any credibility this challenge may have had. (And one month to my next doctor’s appointment and medication update. I am sooo sorry for you people.)
The rules are simple.
- Take the two words and write a Haiku. I use Haiku in English as my style, which is 5 syllables for the first line, 7 for the second, and 5 for the third, but you can use what you like. For syllable help visit HowManySyllables.com.
- The two words can be used as you like. Words have different definitions and you can use the definitions you like. You can even use a synonym word as long as it does not change the meaning. Go to Thesaurus.com for Synonym help.
- Copy the link of your finished haiku URL in a comment so we can all go and visit your site to see what you have done. I will comment on your site. You can do a ping back. What’s a ping back? Put a link back to this prompt page, if you like within your post, as long as it does not take away from your haiku. This is simply a prompt and challenge to encourage people to try Haiku and give some a prompt and a place to share in comments so we can find each other. A link in your post does give others a chance to find us and join in. Use one of the two below if you like.
- Ping back Link ronovanwrites-weekly-haiku-poetry-prompt-challenge-62-start-hot/
- Non Ping back Link https://ronovanwrites.wordpress.com/category/haiku-prompt-challenge/
- You may copy one of the badges/images appearing in this post below or above and place it on your site if you wish, most normally use it within their post. I am not saying you need to, but if you would like to do so then go ahead. It is simply my way of saying thank you for participating. I sometimes make custom images for the week, if time and health permits.
The Challenge Words!
Start & Hot
Lighten up y’all peeps,
The party’s about to start,
Gettin’ hot in here.
The two sentences should read as;
Lighten up y’all peeps, the party’s about to start.
The party’s about to start, gettin’ hot in here.
Okay, so this is hours later after I finished putting all of this together and I just could not leave you with that as the only Opening Haiku, but I am at least leaving it to show how crazy and stupid I can get. (Don’t tell my boy “B” I said the “s” word. It’s bad.)
The seasons change here,
From hot to cold the air chills,
And the birds start south.
The two sentences formed should read as;
The seasons change here, from hot to cold the air chills.
From hot to cold the air chills, and the birds start south.
Much Respect-Much Love
Ronovan is an author, and blogger who shares his life as an amnesiac and Chronic Pain sufferer though his blog RonovanWrites.WordPress.com. His love of poetry, authors and community through his online world has lead to a growing Weekly Haiku Challenge and the creation of a site dedicated to book reviews, interviews and author resources known as LitWorldInterviews.WordPress.com.
© Copyright-All rights reserved by ronovanwrites.wordpress.com 2015