Make certain to check out the possible publishing aspect of the Haiku Challenge beginning with this weeks challenge. Only those who fill out the form at the bottom of the page at THIS LINK will be considered. It’s for a possible future FREE ebook on Amazon. Something we can have that’s ours and an experience to share with loved ones maybe. But no form, no usage of your Haiku. Just keep writing as usual. And it isn’t a guarantee it will happen. But I think it will. A great way to learn a lot about the world of publishing. We have at least 20 sign up so far.
Maybe this week isn’t so bad with the words. Cover has so many uses. You can even apply it to types of cover, such as blanket or the like. Color, well that one you an go with in a lot of direction as well. Are they challenging? Slightly, but I do want to make you have to think sometime.
The rules are simple.
- Take the two words and write a Haiku. I use Haiku in English as my style, which is 5 syllables for the first line, 7 for the second, and 5 for the third, but you can use what you like. For syllable help visit HowManySyllables.com.
- The two words can be used as you like. Words have different definitions and you can use the definitions you like. You can even use a synonym word as long as it does not change the meaning. Go to Thesaurus.com for Synonym help.
- Copy the link of your finished haiku URL in a comment so we can all go and visit your site to see what you have done. I will comment on your site. You can do a ping back. What’s a ping back? Put a link back to this prompt page, if you like within your post, as long as it does not take away from your haiku. This is simply a prompt and challenge to encourage people to try Haiku and give some a prompt and a place to share in comments so we can find each other. A link in your post does give others a chance to find us and join in. Use one of the two below if you like.
- Ping back Link ronovanwrites-weekly-haiku-poetry-prompt-challenge-71-covercolor/
- Non Ping back Link https://ronovanwrites.wordpress.com/category/haiku-prompt-challenge/
- You may copy one of the badges/images appearing in this post below or above and place it on your site if you wish, most normally use it within their post. I am not saying you need to, but if you would like to do so then go ahead. It is simply my way of saying thank you for participating. I sometimes make custom images for the week, if time and health permits.
- The Challenge is currently posted at 8 AM New York City time on Mondays to give people a better chance than the old 9 AM time.
- Deadline is Noon New York City time on the Sunday following the Challenge Post release.
The Challenge Words!
Cover & Color
Not sure how to write a Haiku? Click HERE for a quick How to write Haiku Poem in English Form.
Much Respect-Much Love
Ronovan Hester is an author, with his debut historical adventure novel Amber Wake: Gabriel Falling due out in December of 2015. He shares his life as an amnesiac and Chronic Pain sufferer through his blog RonovanWrites.WordPress.com. His love of poetry, authors and community through his online world has lead to a growing Weekly Haiku Challenge and the creation of a site dedicated to book reviews, interviews and author resources known as LitWorldInterviews.com.
© Copyright-All rights reserved by ronovanwrites.wordpress.com 2015