For the next couple of weeks the Review may be in an abbreviated form. If some of you wish not to participate because of that reason, I understand and I do hope you come back soon.
PHOTOGRAPHY Charity Opportunity! FREE To YOU!!!
Hugh of Hugh’s Views & News is holding a photography challenge, as he does each week. This week it’s for charity. And it costs you nothing. For every blog that leaves a link or pings back to his blog with a post on their site of their photo of their tree with their topper on it, Hugh donates £1 up to £250 to the charity noted on his post. Click HERE for that post and details.
THESAURUS ALERT! It may be beneficial for variety and originality to visit the following links. SING and DAY. Also click HERE for a NEW TYPE of poetry I’ve created/am working on that you may want to implement into the challenge.
Are you interested in having your Haiku entry included in our FREE eBook Project? Click HERE to find out more.
Check out Guidelines 2 and 3 for something new added. But nothing that changes anything.
MAKE SURE TO VISIT THE NEW WEEKLY FRIDAY FICTION with RONOVAN WRITES Challenge #6 By clicking HERE!
The Guidelines are simple.
- Take the two words and write a Haiku. I use Haiku in English as my style, which is 5 syllables for the first line, 7 for the second, and 5 for the third, but you can use what you like. For syllable help visit HowManySyllables.com.
- Or you can use the 3/5/3 style instead of 5/7/5.
- What to do a little bit more with your Haiku? Read Haiku, Tanka, and Haibun. It’s all poetry to me. Learn the difference.
- The two words can be used as you like. Words have different definitions and you can use the definitions you like. You can even use a synonym word as long as it does not change the meaning. Go to Thesaurus.com for Synonym help.
- Copy the link of your finished haiku URL in a comment so we can all go and visit your site to see what you have done. I will comment on your site. You can do a ping back. What’s a ping back? Put a the URL from the address above, if you like place it within your post. This is simply a prompt and challenge to encourage people to try Haiku and give some a prompt and a place to share in comments so we can find each other. A link in your post does give others a chance to find us and join in. Click HERE for a detailed article on Ping Backs.
- You may copy one of the badges/images appearing in this post below or above and place it on your site if you wish, most normally use it within their post. I am not saying you need to, but if you would like to do so then go ahead. It is simply my way of saying thank you for participating. I sometimes make custom images for the week, if time and health permits.
- The Challenge is currently posted at 8 AM New York City time on Mondays to give people a better chance than the old 9 AM time.
- Deadline is Noon New York City time on the Sunday following the Challenge Post release.
The Challenge Words!
Sing & Day
Not sure how to write a Haiku? Click HERE for a quick How to write Haiku Poem in English Form.
Much Respect-Much Love
Ronovan Hester is an author, with his debut historical adventure novel Amber Wake: Gabriel Falling due out on February 14, 2016. He shares his life as an amnesiac and Chronic Pain sufferer through his blog RonovanWrites.WordPress.com. His love of poetry, authors and community through his online world has lead to a growing Weekly Haiku Challenge and the creation of a site dedicated to book reviews, interviews and author resources known as LitWorldInterviews.com.
© Copyright-All rights reserved by ronovanwrites.wordpress.com 2015