September is Suicide Prevention Awareness Month and the prompt words will be reflecting that in some way. The National Alliance on Mental Illness or NAMI is a big part of this. Those of you who have been with me since the beginning of my blogging time for the past 6 years know that I’ve had my own problems, which was one reason I started blogging in the first place. Through the friendships I developed and the outlet blogging gave me I’ve improved a great deal. I have neglected those friendships, and however much I want to improve in that area I’ve been in a not very energy filled place in parts of my life and those parts have suffered.
Remember to come back and visit the comments section during the week for your fellow poets entries!
The Guidelines are simple.
- Take the two words and write a Haiku. I use Haiku in English as my style, which is 5 syllables for the first line, 7 for the second, and 5 for the third, but you can use what you like. The link above has links within it to articles about how to write Haibun, Tanka, and even a new form I created called Freku. You can also do the 3/5/3 form if you likeinstead of the 5/7/5 that I usually use. Write, share, and have fun. For syllable help visit HowManySyllables.com. (You would be surprised at how many syllables some words actually have.)
- The two words can be used as you like. Words have different definitions and you can use the definitions you like. You can even use a synonym word as long as it does not change the meaning. Go to Thesaurus.com for Synonym help.
- Use the Tag of Ronovan Writes Haiku Challenge. This will help me find you in case you forget to ping back or leave your URL in the comments.
- Copy the link of your finished haiku URL in a comment so we can all go and visit your site to see what you have done. You can do a ping back. What’s a ping back? Put the URL link in the address bar of this post, if you like, within your post. Your inclusion of the link encourages others to try the challenges out, be creative, and join a community to find friends and more followers (hopefully). I honestly gain nothing by more people visiting the post. I don’t have ads running I get paid for by your visit. Click HERE for a detailed article on Ping Backs.
- You may copy one of the badges/images appearing in this post below or above and place it on your site if you wish, most normally use it within their post. I am not saying you need to, but if you would like to do so then go ahead. It is simply my way of saying thank you for participating. I sometimes make custom images for the week, if time and health permits.
- The Challenge currently BEGINS at 8 AM EST (New York City time) on Mondays. And a DEADLINE is Noon EST (New York City time) on the Sunday following the Challenge Post release.
The Challenge Words!
Not sure how to write a Haiku? Click HERE for a quick How to write Haiku Poem in English Form with links to articles for other forms of Haiku.
Much Respect-Much Love
© Copyright-All rights reserved by ronovanwrites.wordpress.com 2016